Overslaan en naar de inhoud gaan

Right of residence and travel documents

If you are moving to a country outside of the EEA, you will need official travel documents. In addition to a valid international passport, there is a good chance that you will also need a visa, or even a vaccination certificate. A visa allows you to enter and stay in a country, usually for a limited period of time. Inform yourself about all of the necessary travel documents before you leave. You usually have to apply for a visa at the embassy or consulate of the country of destination before you leave. Embassies can also provide detailed information about the necessary (travel) documents and formalities.

Tip: In our country database, you will find useful links and contact details

Tip: Carefully read the travel advice for your country of destination on the website of the FPS Foreign Affairs.